Two side effects of living through a pandemic are boredom and weight gain. It can be hard to resist heading to the pantry to eat out of sheer boredom, especially when you are forced to stay at home for weeks on end for your safety. There are a few simple things you can buy to fight both boredom and weight gain, however.
1. Archery Set: Whether you are inspired by Geena Davis' Olympic run or enjoy watching movies about archers, archery can be a fun sport to try, even as a newbie. It gets you outdoors, is inexpensive to get started, and you can participate no matter what shape you happen to be in.
2. Light Up Soccer Ball: Boredom can happen at any time of the day or night. When you are tired of streaming movies and want to get outside, a light-up soccer ball may be just what you need. You don't have to be a pro to enjoy kicking around a fun ball that lights up for nighttime use.
3. Trampoline: Sure, trampolines get a bad rap for injuries, but if you are living through a pandemic, maybe the fun factor outweighs the risks. If you are still unsure, you can add an enclosure for additional safety. Jumping on a trampoline can relieve stress whether you are six or 60.
4. Ping Pong Table: Ping pong is an oldie, but goodie in the realm of fun sports. Anyone can play. You do not have to be powerful, like the Williams sisters to play. Setting up a ping pong table in your basement or garage can help fight that pandemic weight gain, too.
5. Portable Basketball Net: While many HOAs ban basketball nets on your garage, you can invest in a portable basketball net. Shooting hoops for an hour or so is a great way to blow off steam while improving your game. If you think that it will help you play like Kobe, know that he once made 100,000 shots in one summer.
6. Treadmill: A classic way to kill time and get in shape is to walk or run on a treadmill. If you are going to binge-watch your favorite shows, it couldn't hurt to watch on episode or two while putting some time in on the treadmill burning off some calories.
There are plenty of things to do in order to fight boredom and stay active during a pandemic. From a light-up soccer ball to a treadmill, invest in quality sporting equipment to keep yourself occupied.